Running sheetcam with Boot Camp

I have a mac i am using for inkscape and would like to try sheetcam as im not finding fusion 360 to be an easy program to work with. At least for now!! Ive seen posts that guys are running boot camp to allow for sheetcam on a mac. My mac is a 2015. Is this the best way to go for trying out sheetcam. I purchased a stand alone pc box and touchscreen (copied from guys on this forum, thanks) to stay at table that i have firecontrol set up on. My hopes are to do design and sheetcam work on mac laptop so I am mobile with it, then go to firecontrol at table with a saved file on a usb memory stick to pull up once ready for firecontrol. Am I on the right track here before I invest having Boot Camp installed etc. Thanks for the help.

I was thinking about trying this setup my 2015 MacbookPro as well. Did sheetcam work out using bootcamp or did you find different solution?
My other considerations were:

1. Just get a dedicated windows laptop
  2. Use a program like CrossOver to run sheetcam on Mac OS
  3. Using carbide create, but Ive gather I will be disappointed not having certain parameters like pierce height, lead ins, ect.

Setting up an for XR

I ended up going with bootcamp and all worked out perfect for inkscape and sheetcam. I cant speak for crossover or the carbide create. All i know is i followed all install guides for everything for firecontrol and my hypertherm 45xp and all worked great. torch control, pierce height and firing all good. Should be no problem for the XR. Good luck.