Razorweld Cut45 Consumable Life

Just curious as to how long your consumables last? I’ve cut around 30 signs and had to change my tip and electrode. The nozzle was getting slightly egg shaped and the hafnium was around a 1/16" deep in the electrode. The new tip and electrode have been cutting great but I cut 8 pieces out of 5/16 and the last of them the kerf was angled.

The dryer and cleaner the air, the longer the life. Moisture can cause arcing inside the torch which pits the consumables, in turn messing up the air flow. I read alot about that in the forums. Going to use a refer/dryer to help life of mine when I get her cutting next week.
Hopefully more experienced owners will chime in with other ideas as well.

I’m running a Schulz air dryer, desiccant filter and a motorguard filter. I can rule out moisture.

1 Like

Awesome! Definetly shouldn’t be the prob then. That’s the ammo I had. I’ll be following this one. Good luck :+1:

Can anyone tell me if there are different size tips to use, it is hard to get too detailed when the plasma torch cuts 1/16" wide, I have seen metal art with cuts way less, guessing 1/32", at least less than half .

That would all depend on what torch you have on the plasma cutter. They have had 5 torch’s on that unit. So what one do you have.