Razorweld 45 wont fire

got a razorweld 45 set up on my crossfire.
i do the thc test and resting is good but live is 300v and when i press fire the plasma does a arc but wont stay on just immediately shuts back off. no codes pop up. idk what im doing wrong or if i got a bad plasma. help please. a video would be nice if you have had this issue…

Brand new install? I had a similar issue the first time I hooked everything up, the leads on the plasma cutter were backward, on some models of the Razorweld you need to swap the ground clamp and the plas lead at the plas cutter itself. Not saying this is your problem but, if this is your first time installing this, it could be the issue. Are the consumables new and tight in the torch head?

1 Like

you talking about opening it and swapping the big main wires? new consumables. its never been used.

@Marshall forgot to tag you. check last reply.

Make sure your machine is set to “2t” as well.

No, The ground clamp lead plugs into the front of the plas machine and the torch lead plug into the front of the machine, just unplug them and switch them and check if it fires. If not put them back the way you had it. Just remember to only try one “Solution” at a time and test, otherwise you will get lost trying to change a bunch of stuff at once. Forgot to ask if you have checked to see if the plas fires manually and stays on while the trigger is pulled?

1 Like

i have a machine torch so i cant manually fire it. ive already done all the seapping, that how i got the resting voltz to pass. torch is firing bug only for a split second thennit shuts off. i tried the fire torch button as well and same thing. just pops and lets air out.

Swapping the torch and work clamp leads is just not a thing I’ve ever seen on a plasma machine.

If you’re getting air, but the torch isn’t firing, check your air pressure. It needs to be high enough to blow back the electrode to initiate the arc. Some people have also had to loosen the cap on the torch slightly to get it to fire.

Take the cap off and push in on the electrode to make sure it moves freely.

1 Like

I haven’t either, until I purchased a razor weld and the ports were backwards :rofl: :joy:

1 Like

The only ports that have been switched on the Razorweld machines are the Divided Voltage and Torch On/Off ports. If he is getting air from the torch, those ports are hooked up correctly.

The torch lead and work clamp lead hook ups are completely different sizes and there is just no way to hook them up backwards.

2 Likes

i did that, electrode isnt froze up. none of this explains why im getting 300 volts on live voltage test… everything is hooked up right.

langmuir-danielCrossFire PRO

Dec '21

When you see a voltage spike to 300V in Firecontrol yet the torch doesnt fire, it means that the plasma cutter itself has misfired and FireControl is preventing the program from executing.

The reason that it shows 300V is because there is voltage potential difference between the electrode in the plasma torch and the positive work clamp (the material) and the THC is measuring it. The problem though is that, for whatever reason, the arc did not fire.

(FWIW, 300V all the time is a sign that the THC has malfunctioned. In this case you mention that it was a 300V spike which i assume after the plasma cutter stops trying to fire it drops back to zero)

2 Likes