Razorcut 45 Quit Firing

Hello, Question on troubleshooting the razorcut 45. I was in the middle of a cut on some 3/8" steel plate when the machine seemed to flame out. I unscrewed the cap of the torch and noticed that the electrode essentially melted. I changed all the consumables but now the torch will not fire, not manually, not from the fire control.

I have opened the machine up to see if there was an obvious fuse that could have blown inside but did not see anything obvious. Anyone know if there are any fuses or something inside that could have blown that can be replaced? Thank you.

Welcome to the forum!

@mechanic416 is our resident Plasma Cutter repair guy… Maybe he has an idea.

1 Like

if you press down on the electrode, does it string back up freely? is should move in and out smoothly.

also what’s the internal regulator set to? should be around 75-80 for it to properly fire.

2 Likes

electrode moves freely and the pressure is right about 80.

Welcome,

You replaced all 5 parts? electrode, swirl ring, cutting tip, retaining cup and cnc shield. Were did you get the consumables? Also did you check the two contact pins are free and moving.

If all this is good take the torch by hand and pull the trigger and touch the cutting tip to some metal is it fires then the pilot arc circuit is bad in the plasma cutter.

3 Likes