Primeweld Cut60 Plasma Cutter with Crossfire PRO

I have the Primeweld Cut60 plasma cutter and have been using it with great results so far on 11 gauge and 7 gauge steel. Does anyone have any tips or setting recommendations to use the Cut60 on 14 gauge steel for intricate cuts like name signs, scrolls, art, etc? I have the cut chart supplied by Primeweld but it does not specifically list 14 gauge. I was wondering what users can recommend. The problem I’m having is that the intricate cuts are not as precise or clean as I would like. I have some dross but nothing really concerning. The cuts are a little wavy in certain spots (might be the dxf file instead of the cutter settings). I’m using .8mm and .9mm nozzles at 35 to 38 amps at 92IPM.
Thoughts? Advice?

Look in your Primeweld manual, there is a table of metals, thickness, and cutting settings for each type and thickness. I’m away from home, and don’t have my manual to refer to. Best to you, Barry

A 0.8mm cutting tip is rated at 30 amp max, 0.9mm is rated at 40 amp max. you can always go down in amps but not up.

Mechanic416, thanks for the tip on going down, but not up. I’ll keep that in mind.

Barry, as stated above I have the cut chart in the manual but it does not list 14 gauge. I was looking for tips from someone who has used the Cut60 on 14 gauge on the Crossfire PRO. The cut chart in the manual goes from 10 gauge to 16 gauge.

To find the best settings for 16g on my table what i did was a draw a 2in square with a 1in circle in the center. I just keep running that test part changing the feed rate in fire control and amperage on the plasma till i found what worked best for me… so far anyway.

Drawing a simple part with known dimensions also allowed me to play with my kerf width in sheetcam till my part was coming out dimensionally " perfect "

Edit: if lettering is what is giving you the most grief, maybe swap the 1in hole with a letter in a font you use… you will probably need to scale up the size a little but its still a cheap way to find what works best

2 Likes

There is a test cut program that has been developed and posted at Test cut program to find the ideal cutting speed
Note that this was work in process until the latter part of the thread. I posted a link to my G-Code, which you can download and modify for your specific needs.
Also note that these were for CF Original so didn’t have Z or THC code, but they can be easily modified to add that (I’d recommend turning off THC and just set Z appropriately).

1 Like

Where is a good place to buy .8mm tips for Primeweld cut60?

You can get them here,