Prepping to buy a cross fire

Hello everyone and thank you to any input and help given.
I am getting ready to buy a cross fire 2x2 table and get the water table, z axis upgrade and the extended upgrade. I am going to be hooking my Hypertherm 1000 G3 series plasma cutter to this table. I am just doing this to fiddle with things in the garage on the side for fun. I am not very good with computers and honestly trying to read through some of these post make my head throb because I don’t understand a lot of it but I want to learn it. I am currently trying to download fusion 360 onto my laptop to start playing with it and follow along with some tutorial videos. I started watching the video on the website on how to download it for a free trial for hobby use. the Auto desk website looks completely different from the video and doesn’t offer hobbyist anymore. and its asking me some questions I’m not sure about. I wanna make sure i download the correct stuff so i can start messing with it.
It asked me what im using it for I selected CAM
now it is asking me what my primary design and manufactering software solution. Not sure what im supposed to pick. Also does anyone know if there is a way to still get the free 1 year trial?

Try this link that has the Free Personal Use Version compared to the pay version. Scroll to the bottom and there is a button to get the free version. You will have to setup an AutoDesk account.

1 Like

I’ve been pretty happy with libreCad for parts design plus sheetCam for generating the machine code. I do mostly fabrication parts for various projects (current project is a thumb for a mini-excavator) SheetCam costs a bit, but I’ve found it easy & reliable. LibreCad is free & is a little odd, but once you figure out the tricks it’s pretty quick & easy as well.

1 Like