Please help Sheet cam setup

Hello everyone, I’m stuck trying to setup sheet cam for my cross fire pro. My job / steel settings seems to always be ‘falling off the machine’ making it impossible to know where Its going to cut with my machine. I can’t seem to figure it out. Here is what it looks like on my computer.

I feel hopeless as every step of the way I’m running into setbacks. If anyone has pointers I’d be most appreciative.

Looks to me like your Origin’s between the two are different… On the table you’ve got the lower left hand corner chosen… On the material, it looks to be the center of the sheet…

Try going back to OPTIONS/JOB OPTIONS and OPTIONS/MACHINE and set both to the lower left hand corner…

1 Like

Thank you! , I thought for sure I did that but I guess not… that helped. This should help visualize what the machine wants to do

1 Like

I have never really worried about that…
I set my material 48x48 and leave it…
I do my post processing then in firecontrol I set my startpoint…line up material on table…and away I go

No problem Jared…!!
Sometimes it’s the littlest things that can hang you up…

Go make some sparks!!

1 Like

How do u set your start point on fire control?? Do you mean just zeroing all the axis? Cause I do that then The blue line from my g code always moves to where it wants to start and I end up needing to dry run it 1000 times to make sure it’ll cut where I want it to

download a tap file to firecontrol
then click “Set Program Origin” this will give you 5 options to have as the start point for cutting.
this is handy when trying to fit a cut file onto an already cut up sheet of metal.

you can select one of 5 point on a drawing as your starting point…just remember to zero your axis when you get your torch to your expected program origin.

2 Likes

Jog the torch to the spot where you want the lower left corner of your part to be on the metal and hit “zero all axis”. As long as the origin is set at the lower left corner, that’s where you part will cut. The origin is not necessarily where the cut will start. The G-code may have the cut starting at a different location than the origin, because it will cut all of the inside cuts and straight line cuts before it cuts the outside of the part.

1 Like