Plasma Firing all on its own

I had a matco psa40 and it stopped firing. I ordered a new Prime Weld Cut60. wired it in just as the instrucitions said to do. Pretty much no different other than the Prime came with a plug for the back of the machine. I plugged in the torch on/off cable and the torch fires without any activation from the program. once it stops, it will not fire with the program nor with the trigger on the lead. I unplug the cable and squeeze the trigger on the lead and it fires just fine. The table is only a few months old and has already had the control panel replaced. Now this is happening. i can remove the relay that is used to fire the torch and it does click as i unplug and plug up the relay. i have been down for several weeks now trying to deal with this and have jobs backed out.

So it only fires when you plug in the torch on/off cable into the control box port?

Before we get too far into the questions, where are you plugging the torch firing wire into?

Far too many times, we see people plugging the torch firing wire into the VIM(small plastic box).

It is supposed to be plugged into the electronics enclosure, where it says “torch on/off”.

Edit: Didn’t you say you already diagnosed the problem as a bad relay on your Facebook post?

1 Like