Pierce Delay and THC

With the THC activated i keep getting a error saying delay is either to long or to short ive gone from 0 to 1.2 seconds with no change it will pierce then pause. If I turn the THC off it will pierce and run the complete program with no problems and parts look great ive been through the troubleshooting in this fourm and haven’t seen any like i’m having,any ideas.

Also where should the machine torch be positioned in the holder in relation to the Z axis carrage be all the way up,in the middle or all the way down havent real seen anything on that or maybe it doesn’t matter.
Thanks

For the torch mounting, I tell people to run the Z-carriage down until there is about 3/4" of travel left and then mount the torch with it touching the workpiece. This ensures that the Z-carriage will never bottom out before the torch touches the metal. If it bottoms out before touching the metal, it will give a false zero reading and Firecontrol will use that as the material height, instead of the actual height, resulting in your cut height being too high.

Check your plunge rate in the tool setup. It should be at least 50ipm or higher. I don’t remember if you are using Sheetcam, but the default plunge is around 3ipm, which is way too slow and will cause pierce delay errors.

2 Likes

Thanks I am using SC I don’t remember what the setting is I will check and adjust if needed. Now the Z axis set up I was concerned about because I don’t member seeing anywhere how to set it up and it makes sense that it has to be and I know it’s not right right now just wondering if that’s part of my problem.

post pics of your sheetcam settings. that’ll help out alot

What does your live voltage DRO read during a cut?

I’m not in the shop right now but I will later on

Thanks Guy’s It’s fixed the output voltage cable was in the wrong port on the vim it was in the div. output instead of the dv output