Pictures of work lead attached to material

I am sure there are some creative ways to attach your work lead to the material. I hope that some of you would please post pictures of how you attach you work lead to the material.

I think this will help me visualize how this is being done.

Tim

I don’t have any pictures but the work clamp some times is a little big. So you can drill a hole in a small C- clamp, pair of vise grips, a quick clamp, etc. and bolt your work cable to them.

3 Likes

3 Likes

Thanks for the response George.

Hobart 770566 500-Amp Magnetic Ground Clamp https://a.co/d/5x17oGF

1 Like

Just remember that you put the magnet on good clean metal and wear gloves to remove it or you may get a real good burn, ask me how I know about this.

2 Likes

I just use a 2 inch c clamp on the stock and connect the ground clamp to it

2 Likes

Been using this welding magnet with a battery cable clamp. Seems to work fine and is short enough to clear.

2 Likes

New member and have the same question.

I struggle with the large clamp and because I always clamp to material being cut, the clamp is frequently half in the water table.

I almost ordered a magnetic clamp, but then remembered I cut quite a bit of aluminum. This wouldn’t work.

It would be great to see pictures of these modified “c” clamps.

1 Like

does not matter if the clamp is in the water…mine is in the water half the taim anyway…remember…then clamp may be on the metal,witch is touching the slats…and the slats in the water…BT…you may not get the same connection with the clamp on the pan to the metal being cut…

just remember to either drain the table of water or remove the clamp from sitting in water…OR…it will wick the water inside the rubber coating and travel down to the plasma or just build up in the cable and rot it out…happened to me…

3 Likes

I have taken my magnetic clamp and attached it too vise grips, then clamped them on the part

My clamp stays half in the water most of the time. If there is no metal overhang I just clip the clamp on the workpiece between two slats. Just make sure it is an area that won’t be cut.

1 Like