Not cutting all the way through

For weeks I’ve been cutting 14 gauge at 185 with very few issues, now last night and today in places it doesn’t cut. Is it bad metal, temperature in the garage or something else. Maybe 80% gets cut and it only runs about 2 minutes.

Hey Darrell…

Not sure what “it only runs about 2 minutes” means… You mean Mach3? Or, your compressor" or??

What do your consumables look like?

Anything else change?

Maybe an intermittent ground sort of situation…??

It’s only a 2 minute programmed cut so air pressure isn’t an issue. The consumables look good but changed them to remove any doubt. I cut maybe 10 great cuts Friday night and then 1 good cut sunday then today 4 cuts in a row it did this. Nothing has changed but the air temperature from the weather change. Its probably 40 in the garage now versus 50-60.

Swirl ring installed correctly?

Yeah sounds temp related, If you had a big swing in temps - the water from the water table will be seizing the dross quicker. it looks more like you are getting fused than not cutting. My guess is in crease the voltage, or bring up the air pressure… You may need to readjust all your air after the temp swing as well. - if its really missing cuts. and not fusing… Maybe the weather , water ,debris is causing issues with your ground.

I get this same issue with humidity. If you had a big weather change, you may have a lot of moisture in your air. I eliminated 90% of it by going to a refrigerated drier but every long once in a while on hot, humid days, especially as the temp comes down in the evening of a humid day and relative humidity shoots up, I’ll have some spots that look like that. I also have to make sure to drain the compressor tank of water every day. Even though I have a large 2 stage compressor, if water collects in there and I forget to drain it, the air coming from the compressor will have lots of moisture.