No toolpath loading

I ran into a new one today when I do the tool path it won’t load and says it’s out of date anyone ever have this happen and how do I fix it

What program are you using?

Fusion 360

Likely you have made changes to the sketch since creating the setup file. Delete your setup file and create a new one, then try the tool path again.

No that didn’t work I had downloaded the file from fireshare and this was the first time I had done that. I may have downloaded it wrong

Which file is it? I can try it and see… won’t be till later this evening when I am by my computer.

1 Like

Charles wootens grinch with a background. He has 2 versions of that particular one. One with the background and 1 without I’m going to try to load the other one and see what it does Thank you so much with the help

I got a toolpath. I did have to fix some lines on his left eye. There was a path that wasn’t complete. I just used the divide and conquer method. (See @TinWhisperer thread copied below)

Not sure what size you wanted to cut. The one I did is about 20" tall. You can scale it however you like it. Let me know if you have any trouble with the backdrop I can post that here as well.

Also you will need to update the cut speed ect. per your own tool library. Mine is based on 16 ga using a PW Cut 60

Here is the F3D file with the completed tool path

Grinch v3 EM.f3d (423.4 KB)

Here is a past thread were TW talks about the divide and conquer method for fixing incomplete paths.

3 Likes

I can take a look at it once the sun goes down and I’m back at a computer.

1 Like

I will try it tomorrow thanks for going through the trouble I really appreciate it

2 Likes

thank you 72pony file cut flawless and this forum is makes langmuir such a great product

1 Like

even though @72Pony had solved this I thought it would be a decent problem to try to fix on the live stream

I work through both the grinch files from fireshare.

https://www.langmuirsystems.com/fireshare/search?q=grinch

some repaired files

Grinch Repaired.dxf (102.4 KB)

grinch repair 3.dxf (142.3 KB)

grinch 2 fix v2.f3d (533.2 KB)

3 Likes

Fantastic video Tin!! Thanks so much for taking the time to go through both of those! Learned a ton from that video!

1 Like

Thanks Tin that video is very helpful the divide and conquer method makes more sense to me now if I can figure out how to upload a picture of the finished product I’ll show it off also thanks Charles Wooten for the original file and you and 72pony for updating it

3 Likes

Man, that Looks great!!

What size did you make it?

Powder coat finish?

What did you use to attach the two pieces together?

Thank you It’s 10 1/2 in x 6 and yes it is powder coated I simply just used hot melt glue to put it together

1 Like