No THC and ISH connection

The technology collage of Eastern Illinois university in Charleston. they had the crossfire pro with serial number 15946.
The plasma cutter stops as soon as it touches the aluminum sheet. on fire control and I get an error message
( java.lang.IllegalStateException: RESETTING
at com.langmuir.cnc.machines.firecontrol.services.impl.program.DefaultExecutionService.resumeImpl(DefaultExecutionService.java:151)
at com.langmuir.cnc.machines.firecontrol.services.impl.program.DefaultExecutionService.lambda$initExecutor$6(DefaultExecutionService.java:449)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(Unknown Source)
at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Unknown Source)
)

I downloaded all drivers, Gen2 and LS-THC_Driver_V3.4.

I made sure wiring is correct. please its been five months now.

If the voltage input module is defective, please mail a new one.

please reply here or SMS: 217-819-0673.
Note: As new users I can not post more than one pic.

Thank you so much!

Welcome to the forum!

I would contact Langmuir Service for this problem. Adding @langmuirsystems to a post might help, but it seems as if you have a problem that will need hardware replacement.

That error indicates a software issue.

The VIM has nothing to do with the THC connection showing in Firecontrol. The THC connection is simply an indication that the THC module on the board can communicate with the computer via the USB connection. The only wire that needs to be connected, for the THC connection to show in Firecontrol, is the USB cable.

Hi, TomWS

I appreciate you all looking into the issue.
To clarify:
1- On fire control, THC indicator shows no connection and I don’t have live voltage readings or any readings.

2- Device manger: Installed Drivers and only COM 3 is recognized. Unfortunately I couldn’t find CH340. However, I updated COM# associated with CNC port.

3- once everything is configured on fire control and ready to cut. Z axis goes down till touches sheet metal then z axis crashes. However, Razer 45 works by enabling manual torch on.

Thanks

As @ds690 said this looks like a software error. I would uninstall reinstall Firecontrol. Is this windows 10 or later? If not you need to manually install the drivers. I have had trouble with getting a CH340 USB driver installed in the past (for other reasons) but installing after a fresh reboot seems to work best.

I tried to uninstall software and driver and install them again but same problem.

We’re definitely interested in hearing more about this issue - the folks on the forum are extraordinarily helpful, and if you reach out to our support email we’d be happy to help you there as well!

support@langmuirsystems.com

2 Likes