No Internet Where Table Will be Setup

At my shop, I have no internet, can I run Fusion 360 at home then bring my laptop to my shop and be able to cut?

Absolutely!! Lots of folks doing that very thing…!!

Great to know, thanks for the reply. One less thing I need to worry about. Just downloaded F360, tryin to figure it out, Seems to me most of the program wants to model 3D parts, I have an understanding of 3D, but aren’t we just wanting a 2D flat drawing shape? Seems like I do not need to get into the 3D modeling in F360? Am I missing something? Thanks to all who have chimmed in and helped. As I mentioned in my recent intro CNC cutting is new to me.

Just as a suggestion, if you ever need quick internet on your computer just use your mobile phone as a hotspot. At this point any modern smart phone can do that now, android or apple. Our house has fiber yet the wifi is garbage and sometimes the signal craps out just 50 ft away and I’ve used my phone to get by for a short while.

1 Like

Great tip, thanks

Yeah, pretty much so most of the time… There are a few guys that draw things in 3D or sheetmetal drawings and then simply “unfold” the drawing to show what the flat cut out would look like… Cut that…and then bend/fold into the original as drawn shape… Very cool but, over my head at the moment…

1 Like

Use Inkscape or affinity designer for 2d svg designing, then sheetcam for your toolpath creation.

No internet required for any of them after the initial setup.

Thanks, KX9M & brownfox, I have a lot to learn.

@john_s

Try a new wifi 6 router from Netgear or another reputable company, a mesh system would be even better. I still get 500Mb/sec in my neighbors house with my wifi 6 Orbi mesh system.

Do you have line of sight to your home from your workshop? What is the distance?

My shop is at a 2nd home I own in an industrial part of town. I tried having AT&T install internet but for some reason they couldn’t get it to work half the time, so I just canceled it. Thus leaving me with no internet. I probably could try another provider but having another internet bill every month for something that will rarely get used is not what I’m really wanting to do. I pay enough for xfinity at my house now already. Plus no one stays at my 2nd home, its not rented out or anything. I like having a 2nd place to go n get away from the wife for a while! LOL, Thanks for the advice though

Reminds me of a John Prine song…