No connection to FIRECONTROL

Greetings guys and gals! I’m the “newguy” here. I just purchased a used (I know… it was what I could afford…) Langmuir Crossfire table. I did not see it run… I’ve been through all the tutorials ( 360 CAD and CAM and firecontrol). So, it’s time to hook up to my computer, but all I get is a little blinking red LED on the board inside the Crossfire cabinet, no greed LED around the connector. I get an audible indication from my laptop that the USB has been plugged in but that’s all. After turning on the red power switch to the Crossfire, I connected the table to my laptop and then opened FIRECONTROL (as per the instructions for first time connection) but in the MACHINE: window in the upper right of the FIRECONTROL screen shows No Connections. I tried all three USB ports on my laptop and a different USB cable with no luck.

Any suggestions?

Are you sure it’s a Gen.2 Firecontrol table? The first generation tables ran on mach 3.

1 Like

How would I find that out?

Gen. 1 (Mach 3) control boxes have red, blue, green and yellow markings around the connection points. Firecontrol boxes only have white and burgundy markings.

1 Like

Yep… I have Gen 1! Any idea if it’s possible / practical to upgrade?

you can upgrade to the gen2 box with z axis/thc. should be on the main page.

Hi Carl, welcome to the forum!

@nicaDd is exactly right - If you’re interested in using FireControl instead of Mach3, you can upgrade to a FireControl-compatible Electronics Enclosure by purchasing a CrossFire Z-Axis + THC Upgrade Kit.

Just wanted to pop in and mention that if you go this route, make sure you select “Gen 1 - Mach 3” under the “CrossFire Generation” dropdown menu, as this option lets us know to include the FireControl-compatible Enclosure.

1 Like