No communication between computer and crossfire

Afternoon everyone I haven’t been on in a while because my crossfire‘s been running great up until today I was getting ready to cut something and then the mock 3 shrunk to half its size on the computer screen do not know what I did but I did it then when I went to cut the motor is barely turned so I tried to fix it made a bigger mess deleted Mach3 and reloaded it and there’s no communication between the computer and the crossfire All my fault so if you can help would appreciate it
Tom

I have the Pro but seem to remember that when you install Mach you also need to install a plugin so Mach 3 can communicate with the Crossfire. See
langmuirsystems.com/software/mach3
first video covers instructions.

1 Like

thank you Greg9502,
Totally forgot about the extra files you had to put in after download Mach3.
Like I said before I totally love this machine a friend loaned it to me after he bought it and his head exploded after trying to learn how to use 360.
I have no problems creating a DFX file did it for years for the laser Shop we used for our work.
I use ink scape sheet cam and love them both here’s a butterfly that I made in about 45 minutes start to finish`
Can’t figure out how to get pictures on we’ll figure it out and post them
Thanks again for the help
Tom

!

2 Likes

Neat! What book is that?
And what gauge metal did you use?

It wasn’t a book it was $1.99 puzzle from Harbor freight I scanned the diagram on the box with office printer then went into ink scape turned it into a DXF file import it into my CAD cleaned it up and the scale I wanted exported DXF to sheet cam then G code to Mach 3.
Then cut it out of 11 gauge steel on the crossfire
Tom

1 Like

can you share the file in fileshare? that looks cool

I’m surprised you didn’t keep it in Inkscape to clean up and scale and then simply save it as SVG for Sheetcam. I guess you’re more familiar with your CAD program than Inkscape?

Ink scape is great but I have a learning curve there in the cad I’ve been using the last 25 years so it’s very easy for me to make drawings and generate DFX files and I love sheet cam I’ll try to find the file I have on the butterfly I forgot when I call it
Here’s a couple of pictures of sweeps that I made for when I’m bending tubing for car bodies
Try to upload some pictures they’re too big I’m not a computer guy I will get with my neighbor and learn how to shrink down pictures then I will post
Tom

Going to try to upload some pictures of this week I made in the crossfire

1 Like