Newb just like the rest

Excited to get to working with the Crossfire Pro with THC. It’s not going to be here until January sometime. So on that note I’m getting everything put together and wondering if anyone knows what torch I’d use with my Thermodynamics Cutmaster 52. I don’t want to splice into anything if I can help it. I’m having a hard time knowing what to search for. I’ve read the SL100 is a machine torch but will that work with the THC? Are there any other torches that I can look at?

Thanks for any help, if I’m in the wrong spot let me know. Like I said I’m a newb for sure. My background is in UX design, I’m hoping that some of that knowledge will help in learning and building parts. I bought this table because of its size and my limited space. I’m going to be building parts for my 1951 Cadillac I’m getting ready to work on.

Thanks again… can’t wait to get started.

I do not think your cutmaster 52 is fully capable of doing CNC without splicing into the torch…
I do not see a Machine torch listed for your machine.
you are best asking the manufacturer if there is a machine torch that fits your unit.

Thanks @toolboy, I’ll reach out to them. Lucky for me I’ve got some time to figure this out before the table gets here.

did a little more digging…the website actually says there is one…

**** Versatile 1Torch with ATC disconnect makes it easy to add lead extensions or convert to a machine torch.***

https://www.esabna.com/us/en/products/plasma/plasma-cutting-handheld/cutmaster-52.cfm

I just can not find a link for it

1 Like

check your instruction manual…I found reference to the machine torch…there is an adaptor required to convert to machine …or as they call l it…a mechanized torch…
section 3 Torch: Installation
section 4 Torch: operation…subsections 4.06 and down

Thanks so much. I emailed ESAB and just heard back from Gene Wright a Sr. Tech there. He told me I need 3 things to make my machine work. An automation interface kit (9-8311), a 25’ cable assembly (9-1008), and the SL100SV 25’ torch (7-4001). It’s a little over $900 of more stuff I have to get for this machine to work. :frowning: Where’s a good place that people buy stuff like this? Should I just go to my local weld shop?

I’m going to check your link out and find my manual to see what you’re referencing. Part of me just wants to add the Razorweld 45 to my order and not mess with the Cutmaster 52 if I’m spending this kinda cash to make it work.

Thanks again for all the digging. I really appreciate your time.

We all are here to help out…sometimes it is good help…other times…well…it’s fun and games