New to the CNC world!

Hello, I finally bit the bullet and ordered me the crossfire CNC after months of thinking if I needed it or not. I bought mainly to help cut out brackets and mounts for my rat rod and all the other projects I have in garage. I am pretty new to the CNC world but from what I can tell this is the best place to start. I am pairing the cross fire with a Thermal Dynamics cutmaster 42 and just looking for pointers and stuff to look out for when booking this up and getting started on this machine. Any pointers are greatly appreciated…

Hi welcome to the gang. My sugestion would be downloading everything you plan on using as far as programs. Watch the vids, read the forum. watch more vids, read more. When I got mine I didnt realise all the computer involvement in it. If you didnt get the full version of mach you will probably want to do so. Unless your ordering the Pro model.

2 Likes

Take it from someone who’s been in the CNC trade for over 40 years, that “RUN” button can sometimes be a suggestion! :running_man:

2 Likes