New to plasma tables

Hey everyone,

I am new to this I bought a crossfire pro and a everlast 82i… currently everything is hooked up and ready except how to get my plasma machine to talk to fire control… any help
Will Be appreciative also if make things easier I can call you to talk through this

The only communication between them is firing the Torch. Torch on/off wire soldered to pins 1&2 on the CNC port and the other end of the plug goes into the Torch on/off port on the front of the control box on the table leg.

1 Like

I run a Pro Table with an Everlast 62i…

welcome to the forum…

as stated Firecontrol only has 2 functions related to the plasma cutter…to tell it on and off…and that is done on Pins 1&2 on the CNC plug.
now the other is reading the output voltage either divided voltage or raw voltage that goes into the VIM box and then a simple jack over to the Langmuir box…

so what have you got wired into the CNC plug so far?
can you provide pictures so we can see?

I could do a call like face time so we can see what is going on…I am in Ottawa Canada…so it is Eastern Standard time zone for me.

2 Likes

I can definitely get some pics when I get home tonight… and as far as a FaceTime that would be great if tomorrow we could. I am also eastern standard time (South Carolina) I’ll still post a picture when I get to the house.

Here are a couple pics I know they aren’t that good

So right now I have the torch firing wires ran to 1 & 2 then I have the raw voltage (red and black) ran to 5&7…. I have the red on 5 and the black on 7

That seems right, although the CNC port had proven unreliable for arc voltage. Most of us have it eyes directly to the lid behind the Torch and work clamp inside the machine.

What issues are you having?

Trying to get the torch to fire manually… I hit the torch fire button and it didn’t do anything not even cut on the air…. Unless I am suppose to do something else to the machine besides just put it on cnc

Is the electronics control box powered on? The switch at the bottom of the front panel should be lit up red when it is powered on.

When you hit the manual torch fire button in Firecontrol, do you hear a click inside the electronics control box?

Is the torch on/off cable fully inserted into the port labeled “torch on/off” on the front of the electronics control box?