New to Langmuir and their products. Received incorrect parts. A bit frustrated.. Looking for support of some sort

Been a couple years since i first entertained building my own plasma table. I collected a bunch of the parts, drivers, 420 steppers, etc. Over that time, I stumbled on Langmuir products a few different times. Even watched Youtubers experiences with them and how they enjoy it and what they love.

Fast forward to a few weeks ago, I decided to pull the trigger on crossfire pro. Got machine torch, THC etc… Was pretty excited.

All 5 packages showed up early last week, which was awesome. Just needed time to clear space in my garage to get it setup. I finally had time last Saturday (10/15). I spent majority of the day cleaning up and organizing my garage. About 8pm I started unboxing and assessing the parts getting ready to start building. It didnt take long before I run into trouble.
Step 1 of online build guide (CrossFire PRO Assembly Guide | Langmuir Systems) says to ‘insert leveling foot inserts and leveling feet’. I spent an hour looking through all boxes for those leveling foot inserts just to never find them. I did eventually stumble on something with small label in the baggy called ‘caster inserts’. after some head-scratching and searching around, i concluded that they must have swapped ‘leveling foot inserts’ with ‘caster inserts’, but never updated the build guide.
This thread is what confirmed it for me: Leveling Foot Insert Substituted with Caster Insert?

@Langmuir: someone please update your build guide to address the ‘Caster inserts’.

After finally getting past the silly and undocumented step 1 challenge, step 2 stopped me in my tracks. This is just putting the legs on to the frame. (i had a link here to it, but apparently since im a new user to the forum, i can only include 2 links total in a post)

Unfortunately, I was supposed to receive 2 legs WITH machine mount holes and 2 legs WITHOUT machine mount holes that have holes for the frame oriented in a certain way.
What I recieved in my box 1 of 3 (frame set) was 3 legs WITH machine mount holes and 1 leg WITHOUT. So I was only able to setup 3 legs to the frame:

I need another leg WITHOUT the electronic mount AND likely another caster insert for it.

Figured i’d just contact Langmuir and get it resolved.
Well, I found out that apparently getting support is not that simple.
Their site has a little “contact us” image with a phone next to it and some hours. This is pretty misleading. From what I can see, this number is ONLY for sales, you can only call if you want to ORDER something or ADD something to an order

So, tired and deflated, I opened a support case with Langmuir support on Saturday night.

Waiting Sunday and well, pretty much all Monday, no response from Langmuir.
Maybe its overreacting, which I typically never do, but I am beyond frustrated. Sure there are more expensive machines out there, but this thing is the price of a used older sedan.
It has crossed my mind to box these parts back up and ship back to Langmuir and continue down the path of building my own.

I guess my post here, other than to vent, was to see if this was a potential avenue to get some traction with this companies support team and get this resolved. Anyone? Anyone from Langmuir out there?

Thanks
James

@BiGJiMCFH welcome to the forum!

The inserts being different is a bit confusing. I probably looked through my hardware bags and directions 3 or 4 times before I saw the note that said the inserts pictured may not match the ones included.

I am not near my table… what is the difference between the legs with and without the EC mount holes? Are the holes at the top of the legs oriented differently, such that they cannot be substituted?

Sorry you haven’t gotten a response. I also had a faulty component shipped originally; the replacement was in the mail Monday morning after submitting a support case on Saturday night.

@langmuir-reilly

Hey James,

I actually just replied to your ticket just before I got the notification that Erik tagged me in this thread, so keep an eye on your inbox.

Just so you’re aware, our business hours are M-F 9-5 PST.

@72Pony There actually is a difference between the Leg Tubes! The Leg Tubes with mounting holes are mirrored versions of the ones without.

1 Like

Thank you @72Pony and @langmuir-reilly!

1 Like

Just posting back with update that I received new leg!
I will continue my Crossfire Pro build this weekend.
Thank you very much for the help on this @72Pony and @langmuir-reilly !

James

2 Likes