New on the forum. Hi from Redding, California

Hi, I’m Ivan from Northern California, and I’m new to this forum. I own a small carpet cleaning company in Redding, but am planning a future move to Lake of the Ozarks, Missouri, and I don’t want to try to start up my business in another state. I’ll be buying a plasma cutting table to supplement our household income after the move.

I’ve been trying to decide on which table to buy for a while now and finally decided on the XR. My question has to do with when my machine may ship if I order now. I see that batch 2 will be shipping this month, so if I buy now, will it be included in batch 2? If so, that would be great.

Does anyone have an answer to this? TIA, Ivan

@Seespotsrun Welcome to the forum.

As you point out it says on top of the main page they are accepting deposits for batch 2 and that orders placed today will ship in October. I suppose whether that happens is anyone’s guess. I would think its accurate information unless they have some unforeseen supply issues or defective parts.

Thanks for the reply 72Pony.
I guess I’m just used to websites that don’t update enough. Then you end up stuck waiting month after month.
I’m excited to get this thing going though, get my table and start learning.

For what its worth, I ordered my pro table at this time last year. At the time the website said 5-7 weeks. I got it in 7 weeks and a couple of days. Somewhat similar situation. They had a big push to get out a new product (batch 1 of the Xr’s) and they had some issues with coatings on the Pro table flaking off some of the frame components. They ended up having to stop shipping and have several of the components re-coated by a local company. With all this and working around the holidays they were still able to pretty much deliver as advertised. I think after I got mine the delivery dates got pushed a little due to the coating issue.

Even with the 7 weeks I still wasn’t really ready when it came. I was still working(and still am) on getting my air dialed in and getting other stuff sorted out in the shop. Also I was still learning the software. The first thing I cut was a test coupon I found on Fireshare, then a simple adapter plate for my compressor tank. I did have a couple of my own sign designs that I was making for a couple of my bro in-laws already done… (well I thought they were already done) when I got my table. After making a couple of cuts I decided I needed to go back and refine some of my designs before cutting them.
I don’t know what your experience level is with plasma or with CNC but it has been a really rewarding hobby for me.

You are going to make mistakes and you are going to make some scrap… plan on it and don’t be to disappointed when it happens. Start small.

5 Likes

You can do allot of learning before the table gets there. Read ALLOT and start using whatever design and CAM programs you are planning to use.

I think you will find that allot of the questions you will have early on have already been answered in some form or fashion here. The more you know before you get the table the better your experience will be.

3 Likes

Well, If anyone can make mistakes, it’s me.
I guess I may have decided on the XR at just about the right time with batch 2 estimated to be going out this month and that batch not being sold out yet.

1 Like

welcome to the forum…
we all…well a lot of us started off with little to zero experience with CNC when we bought tables…
SOme people had not even picked up a plasma torch…

there is a learning curve…and ther infrastructure is critical to reduce issues at the start.

I can not say enough about dry air…read about it…ask questions…dry air is your friend
Water additives…there are many ideas and options but the best people like so far are properly designed and made plasma cutting fluids…these eliminate rust
water filtration…is a good way to save chemicals and to keep water balanced…along with this it is good to have a PH tester to keep the water balanced to prevent rust and growth of ugly stuff.

the look into your software…do not worry about firecontrol…it is the easiest software…

3 Likes

I’m ready to learn.

As far as dry air, I’ve done a lot of reading about different air drying setups. I’ve got a three stage air filter/dryer plumbed in to my air system in the shop, but I’m sure I will have to add on to that. And I’ll be using Sterling Cool.

I have used a few products…but Sterling cool…leaves no residue…no rust…always looks clean

as for your air system…the last thing I recommend is a MotorGuard air filter just before your plasma…to keep any crap out of the plasma

2 Likes

Well, The deal is done, I put my deposit down on my XR. Now the anxious waiting starts. Hopefully not too long.
I also ordered a Hypertherm 45XP with cpc and both machine and hand torches (Also, consumable kits for both), and a Hypertherm air filter.

Hopefully by the end of the month, I’ll be assembling my new XR. :smiley:

3 Likes

nice system…gonna be fun!!!

1 Like

Welcome. I order the crossfire pro and received everything in 2 weeks from the day order was processed.

2 Likes

It sure will be fun.
My wife talked me out of the Razorcut machine, pushed me getting the 45XP. I’m glad she did.

2 Likes