New crossfire owner from CT/ got a question!

My Hypertherm 45 had a CPC port and I’m using a machine torch so all I needed was the cable from the Crossfire to the port. Hypertherm sells two versions of the cable - with & without the divider. Since I didn’t have THC I just needed the without divider cable but it’s $75 from Hypertherm. Much as I love them I don’t love them that much for a wire & plastic plug that cost me under $20 all in :blush: So I made my own connector wire.

I didn’t realize you had to add the port as well. Having it already in the machine & a machine torch made things far simpler.

Are you using a machine torch on yours?

The normal torch that came with it

Hmmm … I think there’s a safety in the Hypertherm that won’t let the hand torch fire if the CPC port is connected and vice versa where you can’t fire the machine torch if the CPC is not connected. That may be your issue.

I have to find my manual to be sure that’s the case. If it is then you’ll need to wire the handheld torch vs using the CPC like people do for plasma cutters without the machine torch/CPC port option.

Damn really ? Figured this would be my best bet using the port that it OEM vs splicing in

I have a hypertherm 65 I had to Insulate the plasma cutter from the table because of the high frequency from the hypertherm it will interfere with the table working right

Interesting and didn’t think of that . How far did you have to move it ?

It’s about feet away

Mine almost under the box so I’ll have to try that , how is your torch wired ?