New crossfire owner from CT/ got a question!

What’s up everyone , newbie in the world of CNC. Recently picked up a crossfire and a hypertherm powermax 65. Just got and installed a hypertherm upgrade kit so it has a port in the back to connect the wires to for the CNC. There is a DIP on the board for a voltage divider. My question is what should that be set at ?? Default it’s 50:1

Your crossfire won’t use that. thats used for when you have certain kinds of Torch Height Control (THC) so mach3 can adjust the height of the torch based on voltage. The only hook up you need is to the torch on/off switch so it can turn the torch on and off when it needs it. so to answer your question it doesn’t need to be set

Great , thanks for the quick response !!

Set it to 50:1 in case you add THC later. Thats the setting most use…

Welcome,

Hey man, another CT guy in here, there is a couple of us. I am in the E Hartford area. There is a Crossfire map you can add yourself in this forum somewhere so you can see where everyone is.
Let me know if I can help with anything.

Jim

Here it is:

I’m in Waterbury, thanks if I got any questions I’ll definitely send you a message

I’ll have to check out that other thread but I’ll add myself to your map , think I might have to do it from my laptop and not my phone though

@ctgolfer is in East Hartford, I’m just Northwest of Hartford.

I’m in north east Connecticut myself

northeast ct here also

Nice to see a good amount of local people on here . Anyone using a hypertherm ?? I can jog my machine but it won’t fire the torch on Mach 3 but if I press the trigger it fires

I don’t have a hypertherm…just the cut45 but did you wire the torch fire signal correctly?? There is a write up on the site on how to make sure you get the connection right.

I have the Hypertherm 45 with machine torch so mine is connected via the CPC port. (Right now just 2 wires but I think I’ll need to add something for the Pro divider signal when that arrives in January.)

There was a upgrade package that adds a output plug to the back so I found pins that fit and put them on the supplied cable with the cross fire . Double checked I’m using the correct ports

I have mine connected with the two wires via that port as well but it only fires from the trigger , checked with a multi meter and I got nothing at those wires .

Then it’s likely your wiring. Are you sure you have good connections an the right wires? I can check which pins I used on my CPC port if you think your wiring & pins are correct.

Here’s the post I started with (but I have a machine torch so modified my control box to CPC port cable accordingly).

It’s plug in connections to a board so I don’t think I can screw that up. From what I saw it’s pins 3 and 4 for the torch start on the plug. I’ll double check everything and look through the tread you started . Thanks!

I think that’s right but I remember having to double-check my plug to make sure I was getting the right pins.

I used the parts in that linked post from Amazon for the connector to the port - and I had extra pins etc that now I’ll need again to add support for the divider signal but I can’t for the life of me figure out what I did with the spares :blush:

I bought a long cable with the barrel connector for the Crossfire end and cut the other end off to use for the CPC port connector.

Looking at your tread , hypertherm sells a kit to had a CPC port with everything pinned , small circuit board , internal ground wire and everything . All I had to do was plug two 3-4 pin connectors to the main board attach the ground and close up the machine after securing everything down. It’s a “upgrade kit” for the powermax 65/85 it seems