Need recommendation on a Plasma cutter

I got super rough cuts on all aluminum. Tried 1/4” and it grew a beard! Setup per the manual. It would blow aluminum up onto the tip, blocking it, causing poor cutting, overheating and damaging the tip within a few seconds. After blowing 3 tips I tried Lifting the cut height and at least that allowed it to cut but made cut quality unacceptable. All I did was straight cut two full sheets into thirds which I do to all my steel sheets for easier lifting/storage.
Correct hardware, psi, cut speed, grounding.

But back to which cutter: I’d buy as much power as you can afford. I find myself trying new ideas and designing more complex and stronger pieces. I wish I could cut 5/8” now and would surely eventually want to use 3/4”. I’ve got a 5/8” H-beam I need to cut and I’m dreading doing it with gas because I have little experience with it.

What kind of BOT are you.

This account has the most bizarre activity history it seems like all this is being written by some kind of BOT

And then come back to edit the post put in a link for the Lotus weld instead of the Everlast?

What are you referring to?

If you’re referring to this
it was for the Post above it which was from a Spam bot account. That post was deleted. So it looks kind of confusing now.

But there was a Spam bot post that was flagged and deleted, which my comment was in reference to.

1 Like