Need help with Post process

Ok, thanks I’ll give it a try.

I’m an idiot. Lol. I can’t get to the setup menu. It keeps sending me back to NC Program which is the photo I posted

Posting file in fusion 360

Here’s a link to the last time this topic came up.

goes through setting up your post processor in fusion 360 pretty thoroughly.

1 Like

Ok, I’ll give that a shot.
I had no problem getting to the post process before today and when I hover over it with my cursor it shows the menu I want but when I click on it I get the NC process that I showed a photo of.

I noticed that fusion had an update .some of the menus have changed. The font and the window bubbles are even a little different.

I wonder when it updated if it started using a default folder to look for the Post

Maybe when you set it up originally you set it up to a custom folder and the update now isn’t looking for it there?

Just theorizing.

I originally did have it setup wrong when I first got the machine and then I fixed it by doing what you just recently told me. And today I’m lost

It’s not recognizing firecontrol and I don’t know how to install it.

This is where it posts on my computer

here is where you can reenter it.

Post library menu

find firecontrol in your file system .
Maybe download?

this is what it looks like correctly installed

That’s where I’m at but cannot enter anything in the post unless it’s in the library. And I can’t find it in the library

screenshot your post library menu

Re download it and find it in your download folder

after downloading it you could try to manual move to the folder

You want to be in the

my posts
local.

I can find the fire control file and I tried to copy and paste it into the post but it won’t open up and let me paste

You have clicked here?

I just finally got to try it and I think it worked. At least i found it in my file. I’ll try using it tomorrow. I would like to thank those of you who helped me very very much for helping me. I really do appreciate it

2 Likes

could you post details how you solved your issue in case somebody else finds the thread in the future with the same problem.

I wish I could but I don’t understand exactly what I have done. And now today there are more changes in the program that I have to figure out. Did fusion send out a email about these changes and I missed it?

I know fusion360 did update all their menus a couple days ago the day you started having problems.
The same day they updated I was able to design and post a project without any issues. I think maybe because I used the defaults folders for all my post processor information and other information I have added to fusion over time.
I think when the update occurred it went back to the default folders and wasn’t looking for any folders you had pointed to in the past.
Again I’m just theorizing.
I was using fusion for a few hours this morning but only for design I hadn’t got into the cam portion yet. It crashed a couple times but I was using some pretty heavy svgs so I kind of expected to.
Usually you can see alerts up in the top right corner of your fusion360 browser. It’ll have a notification they will let you know all the changes that were made.

1 Like

I think your theory is spot on and again I thank you for your help.