Need help please advise

i am trying to get a dfx i designed to a cut program for crossfire but it keeps giving me errors and i can not for the life of me figure out what is wrong. have done several designs with no problem but this one has me stumped
trying to upload file for you to see but wont let me
if you would like to look at it and advise please email me and i will send to you .
using fushion and fire control for cnc says new users cannot upload files
dmmarr13@gmail.com
thanks
Don

true…you need to get a few posts under your name before you can post…safety feature…
I wish I could help but I do not use conFusion360

If you want to email me the file I’ll take a look
derrick@fortifyfabworks.ca

file sent thank you

Didn’t get it

sent via email
Karen Morganv2 v1.zip (336.3 KB)

You just have a bunch of random lines in it and a bunch of spots that the lines over run

i will look again thought i had them all cleaned up and linked

thank you

This one should work
K&G.dxf (144.2 KB)

thank you very much
i just went back and looked again and i see what you mean .i need to slow down and look better!
i will learn

thanks again Don

No problem

i am still getting this error

Enabled feature flags: online-system-library setup-sheet-viewer tool-library-v4-release

Invalidated: Generation failed

Warning: Closed contour has 0 area.

Error: Failed to generate passes.

WHen do you get that

I get a warning too but it still generates the cut path. The warning is just because it cant cut all the way in some spots because its tighter then your kerf width.

1 Like

X2

The sharp corners plasma will not cut the path, it will detour so it doesn’t gouge parts.

You could add fillet radiuses that are more than 1/2 kerf width, say R.04 or .08 diameter circles tangent to two entities to make clearance at like the “G” attachment points on bar. And break,trim to clean up path.

Or run it using path it generates, will just “roll” plasma around those areas and not try to make sharp corners :wink:

ETA…I know nothing of fusion, but looking at that design, how big is it? You may lose alot of definition with that font

1 Like

It will cut fine for him its just the inside loops that is giving the error.

How will letter tool path look? Seems the & might not look good

Great! Wasn’t sure how big it was ie: gaps between the letters had me worried.

Thanks for helping him out :beer::hamburger: