Need help converting image

I am trying to get this image

to cut out. I tried inkscape, but then I run it on fusion 360 ,but says it’s in 3d. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Is the shirt (I’m assuming it’s a photo of a t-shirt) picture the only one you have?

I also assume you want a vector right?

Yes that is all I got for pics. If its easier I thought about just doing this part. I just put it on inkscape and just saved it as a dxf file. I have no idea what I’m doing in inkscape.

I would encourage you to import this exact image into Fusion 360 and trace over it with lines and arcs. I think you will find that it will take just a few minutes.

1 Like

Here’s a version you might be able use if you’re looking to cut out a sign. I moved the letters down a bit and merged them with the bottom line as otherwise they would just fall out and separate. I also fixed the R and A so the inner shapes wouldn’t fall out as well.

I have an SVG as well as a DXF (2008-2013 version compatibility) but can’t upload them as the forum only seems to allow picture types (@langmuirsystems or @langmuir-daniel - you might want to enable SVG and DXF so people can share files or help troubleshoot things). I’ll PM you and try that route.

EDIT: Can’t send you a DXF or SVG in a PM either. PM me with your email and I’ll send them to you that way.

EDIT 2: with the new dxf & SVG attachment support I’m using this msg to test it :slightly_smiling_face:

MM Racing 1.dxf (276.2 KB)

SVG here: MM%20Racing%201

If you right click in the black space above you can save the image locally & it will download as an SVG, not an image file.

I have not received mine yet put watching a lot of U tube videos watch them they may help

I don’t have mine yet either but I have a laser & CNC router. You’re getting prepped the right way - check out videos & then if you can, start playing with Fusion to practice designing stuff. Then when you get the Crossfire you’ll have something to do on day 1.

I expect what people may be surprised with is the amount of time they spend cutting vs designing. The cutting is a small fraction of the whole process of getting a project out the door :slightly_smiling_face:

Best use of time waiting for our Crossfires is learning Fusion (oh and making sure the shop is prepped so stray hot sparks don’t set it on fire).

1 Like

The forum now allows for hosting svg and dxf files. Display for SVG may be a little hard to see on the dark background. DXF has no preview so will just look like a data file to download.

We are building a solution to share project files that will be better than using the forum but this should help people troubleshooting issues in the meantime.

2 Likes

Thanks! That’ll be great. On another forum I’m on we do a lot of community support for file issues and it’s a huge help. Also folks share designs with each other too.