My Crossfire Pro Project thread

I’ve had my Crossfire pro up and running for a few months now. I’m not a production shop, more of a high volume enthusiast with the occasional commercial project thrown in. I’ve completed maybe 50-ish projects…and am very happy with the table design. I thought I’d make up the occasional Youtube video on the more interesting projects and share them here. So…here’s the first one. Some aluminum diamond plate range signs:

7 Likes

Here’s another one; made up about 175 stainless steel tags for fire hydrants for a local FD.

5 Likes

Another crossfire pro video; switching to a physan/sodium nitrite mixture for my table fluid, cleanup, and a new single piece stainless water tray

1 Like

Here’s another video; this one is a little bit longer and doesn’t have quite as much CNC footage, but it is a good project that demonstrates what can be built using the table. Custom front winch bumper project for my Nissan Frontier:

Do you mind sharing what you paid for the one piece tray? Thanks.

Looks like I missed your comment! Sorry for the long delay. It was right at $150 out the door.

1 Like

This project is a wall-mounted rack for my lathe tooling. Nothing too special; but it is the first project I’ve done that is designed to fold without using a brake (it is 24" wide and my ironworker’s brake is only 14"). It worked out great; will definitely be making more parts like this.

3 Likes

Did you use nitrogen to cut the stainless or just air?

Just compressed and dried air. I do have a N2 bottle in the shop, but rarely use it for plasma.

Thank you!

Good videos.
Were you happy with the water recipe? I’m using borax. Looking to try something else.

Yes; I’ve been using it for a few months now and the table fluid is still perfectly clear at the start of the day. Zero rust on any material that the fluid contacts. I plan to use it for the foreseeable future…

1 Like

What was mixture? TIA

It’s in his video at the beginning of this thread.

Another project to share; my son and I made a 3’x4’ aluminum sign for our house. The sign has solar powered lights for backlighting after dark, and LED lanterns. Came out looking really good…

2 Likes

That was super. I was going to ask about the table top because I thought I recognized the burn technique :slight_smile:

One change you might want to think about as you’re contemplating the upgrades for power/weatherproofing. You might want to add some panels of frosted acrylic (I’d get clear and use the Rustoleum frost paint) to cover your LED tape. The lights were showing pretty discretely when you fired it up at night - the frosted acrylic would provide more of an even glow.

The other thing (okay, yeah that’s two :slight_smile:) would be to run a strip of LEDs around your name cutout. That way it’s not just a glowing sign box that shows at night but your name would light up too. Might make it easier to find your place at night.

I love the techniques though and may do something with a sign for my house when we hit NC.

I agree on additing additional light tape and also some way to diffuse the light more. The video doesn’t do a great job of showing how it actually looks in person; the last name is more visible, but certainly darker than the perimeter.
I am waiting to make any changes to see if my cobbled together mish-mash of cheap parts holds up. If it doesn’t, I will do a complete redesign of the electrical side of things before adding more lighting. So far so good though…the first night the sign stayed lit all night. Subsequent nights we have seen 4-6 hours before the lights drop out. We have some pretty rough weather though…ice, wind, rain, etc. Almost 5" of rain in a single day 3 days ago!

1 Like

In this video, I use the CNC table to cut out an articulating roof mount that I designed for my Starlink satellite antenna

Here’s another one! I ran a full 4’x8’ sheet of 1/4" aluminum through the table, and cut it to look like an American Flag. We matched the cuts to the crossbars on a friend’s roof rack on his van; came out looking pretty awesome.

2 Likes

Latest project worthy of a video :slight_smile:

Designed and built a tool-free collapsible system for hanging AR500 steel targets.

1 Like