Metal supplier in north Florida

Does anyone know of a metal supplier in north Florida???

I have race shops all around me where I live but none have cold rolled sheets in The thickness I use.
I just buy from online metals.

I’ve bought so much from them then shoot me discounts and free shipping all the time .

Yeah but there shipping for stuff over 50 pounds is crazy expensive.

Not sure where in North Florida you are, but I use Alro Steel and Metal Supermarkets where I am. Jacksonville has both.

Thanks Eli. I’m in Gainesville/High Springs. Wasn’t wanting to drive to Jacksonville - but the prices at the local are hardware stores are just outrageous.

Thanks again,

Bill

If you have been paying hardware store prices, the drive will definitely be worth it. It is a lot cheaper at a warehouse. The prices at the warehouse locations are a lot cheaper than what they sell online as well, and you don’t have to pay shipping. I would just stock up when you go. I live in the Sarasota FL area, so I haven’t been to the branch in Jacksonville, but I really like Alro, they warehouse everything, so you can get whatever you want no problem. They also have a huge remnant section where they sell everything (Steel) for 90 cents per pound. Metal Supermarkets is nice too, but the one near me doesn’t warehouse as much, so If I order from there, I need to order and wait for it to come in before I go pick it up.

1 Like

Thanks, then I will definitely try the Alro in Jacksonville. I paid $34.95 for a piece of 24" by 24" 16ga steel.

Just for comparison, I have my last invoice from metal supermarket in my truck. Last time I bought 16 guage, I paid $46 for a 48 x 60 sheet. So, square footage wise, that’s 5 times the steel for only $10 more.

I buy 16 ga cold rolled here for $65 for a 4x8 sheet, I get the sheets back to the shop and chop them into 2x4 pieces with the plasma cutter on the tailgate of my pickup using a straight edge. 10 ga is $125 and 20 ga is 48 dollars . Hot rolled is cheaper but I like dealing with no mill scale. We have a scrape yard here that sells new sheets as well. Race car shops often carry full sheets for sale. Online metals has a purpose but you will go broke dealing with them.

Yeah it really makes sense for me to drive to Jacksonville.

Berman Brothers is who I use. $150.00 Minimum on orders.