Machine torch or hand

What do you guys think or the everlast 85amp. Also what would be best the hand torch or get the cnc package with it?

Machine torch… but don’t clamp it near the bottom… should be a big circle with an x through it on every ipt 80m torch.
Assuming your using it for Crossfire table.
I have an 82i and it has worked flawlessly for a long time now. Get the CNC package but hook it up for Raw voltage. At least you can control the torch firing through cnc port.

4 Likes

@Manderson1982 i agree with @Bigdaddy2166 , i have the 52i. i initially got the hand torch and while my cuts were fantastic with it i just recently upgraded to the machine torch. cant really tell much difference with cut quality…but it is much easier to change consumables, easier to locate the torch on your metal just due to better visibility of torch tip, and if you take pictures or videos of your machine in action you can see everything so much better. and aesthetically it looks way more professional…if that matters to you. i did hook my thc up through the cnc port. following the instructions and schematics i found here i did hook the polarity up backwards but once i sorted that out mine works well on divided voltage coming out of the machine cnc port. i am one of the few it seems based on reading the forums though that it works for.

I’ve got a 60s and a machine torch from Mechanic416. It works great. I did have to use raw voltage for the THC but no biggie…

1 Like

Sounds like ill order the 82i with cnc package today. Im still alittle worried that i will have trouble wirirng to raw voltage. Im not to good with electricity :confused:

2 Likes

I ended up settling on the 62i with cnc package!
Cant wait for it to arrive

1 Like

do yourself a couple of things…

• buy a hand torch for hand cutting and extra back-up…
  • buy a replacement head for the torch if you do not buy a hand torch…

i have both and am glad I have…I can cut sheets down by hand at any time and I have warped a head or 2 on my torch from time to time…

• always run postflow air on the torch for at least 30 seconds…less than that can warp the head…
  • Everlasts are great machines for the price…go RAW voltage right from the lugs inside the frame at the front…there are some unreliable pins on the back…
  • pins 1 and 2 are for torch on and off…real bastards to solder…

the biggest thing about Everlasts is real dry air…real dry air…I have an extensive drying system but am getting over 800 pierces on average for consumables…

5 Likes

Well i bought the 62 with the cnc torch. I think i will need to buy a hand torch as well. Still nervous about wiring the cnc pins

That is good unit and should serve you well.
When you get your new plasma cutter and torch make sure you mount the torch correctly.

1 Like

I will thank you