M06 for beginners

When I use sheetcam on big cuts, I’ll break up the cuts into several layers and add a m1 code snippet in between each operation. This gives me a break for the duty cycle. I add a 2 second pause after cut on art stuff so I can have time to hit space bar if there is a tip up. Seems to work fine. Seems like a lot of work to pause the machine between every single cut.

1 Like

I have done this also but I didn’t ever think to hit the spacebar for tipups, I’ll try that today and see if I can still jog and then hit cycle start and move on.

A simple thread about sharing one way to do something and now I have learned several different ways to accomplish the same thing. Now to figure out which way works for me the best on each project that I cut.

That’s why I love this forum, many great ideas coming from very smart and knowledgeable people.

Thank you all.

1 Like

Most controllers will read M03 and M3 as the same command. I haven’t used a machine that requires all G and M codes to have 2 numbers, but I imagine that old CNC conrtollers do require that.

2 Likes