Loss of Arc when Plasma Cutter and/or Power Strip is Close to Electronics

Has anyone noticed a loss of arc issue when the plasma cutter is near the electronics enclosure? I have my cut45 on a Miller welder cart about a foot off the floor with a magnetic power strip for the laptop and table stuck on the cart beside it. I had it sitting next to the enclosure. I started experiencing loss of arc. I moved the cutter away from the enclosure and still had loss of arc. I then moved the power strip away from the cutter and separated the cutter, strip, and enclosure as much as the cables would allow and the loss of arc went away.

Are you seeing a drop in Live Voltage values being shown by FireControl when you are getting Arc Voltage Lost? Proximity is definitely a factor for noise reasons but not usually for Voltage readings.

Are you using a 3 prong (grounded) power plug for your laptop?

I wasn’t paying attention to the voltage. I am using a 3 prong plug. When I first got my table I had an issue with loss of arc but it quit.

I remember now why it quit I added another loop throught the choke.

1 Like

I had the table plugged into the USB port on my laptop right next to the charging port put back on the other side of the laptop and it works fine.