Lengthening Cables

I’m needing to extend my IHS cable to accommodate my new setup. I searched and found a couple topics where lengthening cables was discussed, but it wasn’t the IHS cable, rather the torch on/off.

Before I cut it and lengthen it, Is there any fancy shielding in it or will an extra 2 feet of wire cause any problems with resistance or whatever?

IHC Cable extension cable and control box near 220 volt conduit Maybe this will help? I know it says IHC but…Worth checkin out and Agent 86 seems to have extended his maybe he can help more.

1 Like

Appears as though @Agent86 did it without issue.

I had no problems extending the cables. It is late but I post pictures on Sunday. The USB cables are very close to the control box and RazorWeld CUT 45 plasma cutter.

Here is the picture of the control box and RazorWeld CUT 45. I have had no misfires but my experience is anecdotal. I have extended multiple USB cables without incident. The 55 inch monitor has not shown any interference as well.

2 Likes

I’m sorry, this is a major violation! There should not be any screen larger than 22" and 1280 resolution in a workshop. You must dispose of this at once! You can ship it to my address which I’ll be happy to provide via PM…

2 Likes

Old eyes! I use the monitor to watch old westerns(Bat Masterson, Have Gun Will Travel, The Life and Legend of Wyatt Earp) when I am not cutting.

1 Like