Labor day weekend project challenge

I challenge all members to post up projects they cut this week.Please dont like any post till Tuesday to give everyone time to submit.The member with the most likes wins bragging rights.Please only post one project and pictures of your installed exspantion kit doesnt count lol.

1 Like

Here is my submission.Wedding gift for my niece. Bought the tree file off of ebay.

2 Likes

Im guessing the ribs and brisket in the smoker and empty beer bottles wont qualify for a project.

2 Likes

Good idea for the thread Heath, I don’t cut cut or artsy stuff so I will not win it .
I cut stuff for our race team and some stuff for my buisness but nothing that take any talent like your tree of life, what a nice gift!

I cut two things this week here is one that solve a problem that we have been dealing with for years.

This is a bracket that bolts to the frame on a racecar and holds the radiator in position, we cover the forks with a piece of fuel line to protect the aluminum radiator. If we take a hit to the nose and the radiator gets pushed back these forks will snap off without damaging the radiator.

It is really cool that I can make custom stuff like this thanks to Langmuir and their great system.

2 Likes

I agree… Great idea for a topic…

Just wanted to mention to @ctgolfer that there should be no shame whatsoever in creating something you had a need for by going through the design steps/software/and finally burning the part out and ending up with something you are happy with. That requires talent also!!

I think you would have just as good a chance at “winning” as anyone else here!!

These tables mean different things to different people and I think most of us recognize that. The really neat part is we all like making COOL STUFF!!

My $.02

1 Like

Sounds like you need a decorative serving tray for all that good food jimt.

I made this for a friend

1 Like

Put my expansion table together

1 Like

Just made today for a friends bday tomorrow, he served in the army and now the air force, logos in the dog tags… Clear coating it now! :slight_smile:

2019-08-30%2017_17_40-(7)%20Langmuir%20Crossfire%20Owners%20Group

6 Likes

Uploading: 6E60E18D-87E2-45A2-8256-57E80A509E7C.jpeg…

Cutting out more air boxes for my hayabusa turbo kits.

2 Likes

How do you make you bends?

Today’s project…I cut some spanner wrenches out, I cut one last week as a prototype, made a few changes.
I see spanner wrenches on other forums that guys make but why not customize them, we have the technology and machines for it.
The problem is when you make one and try it in the pits other teams see them and insist the need one too.

3 Likes

Funny how one item will open up a whole new group of people wanting things.

1 Like

Hey guys thanks for posting up your projects.Please hit the like button for your favorite.

Well try as I might, I cant pick a single winner. Each one is cool in its own way. Coolest thing is they were all made on a Crossfire. True its not a state of the art cnc machine. If it was %99 of us here wouldnt have one due to the high cost. I know i wouldnt. So thanks again to LS for making this all possable and hats off to all of the crossfire owners who have made anything. 10 months ago I never dreamed I would be making cool things, no matter how big or small. Your all winners!

3 Likes

Made a tattoo gun holder. At the base he can place business cards.

3 Likes

Tattoo “machine”, so I’ve been warned…

5 Likes

Nice work.

Looks like you have the XL extension installed - did you need it for that?

I made a 21x14 metal sign out of two 14 gauge plates for a good friend that has the 30th Anniversary KTM Dakar 990

5 Likes