Kerf sizes on different consumables

has anyone put together kerf sizes on different consumables for what ever machines for like when you want to make some kind of accurate tools in softwares like Fusion 360 or MasterCam etc i have a Hypertherm 45Xp and am just realizing that there are numerous different tips

I have my own saved for the settings I use to cut different material thicknesses. youll have to make test cuts to get your speeds and Amps set correctly and measure your kerf widths accordingly.

remember though with no THC its still going to vary quite a bit throughout the cut as the material is never perfectly flat. your gonna be closer with the torch in areas and further away in others. so the test cut specs you’ve gathered are your reference. the flatter your cut material and the calibration on your machine as set forth in the Crossfire how to videos on leveling your cutter with the slat bed, the closer these are to parallel the better more consistent your kerf.

The kerf width for each different set of consumables and material type and thickness is listed right in the cut charts of the Powermax45XP operators manual. If you run at the power, speed, height listed in the cut charts…then expect the kerf width listings to be very close to what is listed. If you decide to run at slower speeds (wider kerf) or different cut height (higher height = wider kerf) then do a test cut and measure the kerf width, using that number for kerf compensation. Jim Colt

2 Likes

Yes but only for the RAZORCUT45
It’s listed on this forum under the RAZOR CUT45 cut chart.
We started our own about a year ago.

I’ve test cut most all material and thickness I cut and wrote down all my results so i now have a reference of what gives me the best cut and kerf widt(