Importing from fusion to fire control

After hours of trying to put a file from fusion onto fire control we found out we could use sheet cam to change the file from dxf to a tap g code and once we did that we tried to put the tap file onto fire control and we got this error. What now?

You have the wrong post processor loaded into sheetcam. You need to load the fire control post processor rather than the mach3 processor.

1 Like

You really don’t need to process from fusion through sheetcam. If you start in fusion you can create your gcode from there. You will need the correct post processor there as well.

1 Like

how do we do that?

How to install post processor for sheetcam

In the top right hand corner is a magnifying glass. The shortcut I just posted here is the second result for searching your question.
Welcome to the forum!

2 Likes

Thank you very much. We got it to work from fusion.

2 Likes

Now we have another problem. After I draw my design and i try to simulate what it will look like when I cut it this is what happenes. it cuts about a half inch away from where I want it and it turns green. This has happened on all of my drawings.

That is a known issue in fusion. It is showing the width of your torch head instead of the width of your kerf. If I’m not mistaken @TinWhisperer answered this somewhere else you posted this earlier as well.

2 Likes