IHS can the value be changed

I was also having bevels and just lowered the cut height and seemed to do ok, kinda curious if thats why its doing it

i ran some cuts last night at a height of .0625, on .10" steel P&O plate and it cut perfectly with almost zero bevel.

the only issue im having now is a very long pierce delay. it seems like the machine fires at the initial pierce height of .15, then SLOWLY travels down to the set .0625. the pierce delay is set to .25 seconds, but it takes almost 2 seconds between the initial pierce and cut height and its travel start. i may have to mess with the Plunge rate. since i have it set at 1IPM.

Set your plunge rate to 50ipm at least. You want that to be a super fast move.

1 Like

roger that, i just opened my PC and set it to 3. guess ill go ahead and adjust that.

until this morning when it dawned on me, i thought the plunge rate was how fast the head moved down before the cut started. this makes sense now.

wait is that not what plunge rate is

It only controls how fast your torch will move from your rapid height, down toward your pierce height. (or toward your initial height sensing)

I am assuming the same thing you’re assuming, was googling around

" It only controls how fast your torch will move from your rapid height, down toward your pierce height. (or toward your initial height sensing)"

if you look on Sheetcams tool settings, it shows a picture of PLUNGE as the torch is on, and heading downward. so im assuming, its the movement rate between pierce and cut height.

update:
plunge rate is the time between pierce and cut.

fixed my problem. set it to 30 because 50 seemed a bit too fast.

1 Like

I don’t actually have sheet cam im just going off f360 -> firecontrol

1. How best do I test the height for example how do I run a program where the torch will stay at initial height so I can go and actually measure it

2. I tried changing the values in the post processor on f360 export I can’t tell much if any change but that maybe related to #1
    Thanks

The best way to check your cut height is to turn THC off, and turn off your plasma cutter. Then run a program and pause the machine when its at cut height. From there you can use feeler gauges to check the height between the plate and the torch. Adjust as needed.

2 Likes

Perfect thanks I for some reason totally forgot about pausing the machine… duh.