IHS alarm. Need explanation and solution

try again.nc (11.9 KB)

Not sure what it is saying that I did wrong or how to troubleshoot or fix. “Dry run” appears ok.
I have a 10x10 sheet with my table axis zeroed in the lower left corner. its only a 4 inch snowflake. there’s plenty of slack in the torch lead.
Sorry. Don’t get it.
Thanks!

what is the problem?
what error are you getting?

1 Like

I see some odd things in your g-code, but they shouldn’t cause an IHS error. What error message are you getting and what table are you running? The file is for a table with a Z-axis.

I see that you have the pierce height and cut height both set at .05". Normally you would have the pierce height at around 3x the cut height. You also have a .04" IHS springback and that is normally set to .02".

1 Like

Is there a way to get back into the gcode file to edit it? or just create a new gcode with corrected info?

thank you. I think I’ll try creating a new g-code with those corrections. Thanks!

ok…I know that snow flake…at 4" you could loose a lot of the details…as the lines are to close…needs to be bigger…

so back to the problem

this can be caused by several issues…
can you manually fire your torch with the function in Firecontrol…?
do you have torch height control on your table…up and down torch travel?
do you have the "height control " green on the top right of Firecontrol?

As I said, those issues alone will not cause the IHS error. What will cause it, is running a program with an IHS(initial height sensing) loop on a machine without a powered Z-axis.

Do you have a powered Z-axis on your machine or is the torch height set manually?

1 Like

I am thinking it may be dirty contacts, or a broken wire in the z axis. Check the red and black wires going from the mast into the sides of the z axis, and take a small brush, or emery board and clean the contact, and the brass screw it rests on.

I would think you could also check these contacts by using an ohm meter to see if the red and black wires have continuity when the z axis is raised.

If the contacts are dirty, or wire broke, the z axis will think it is contacting the metal before it goes down to touch off, and throw that code.

Hope this helps.