I believe this is a gcode issue, but don't know why its occurring

hello, @TinWhisperer I have been having a missfire issue on my system today. I can manually fire my torch with no issue. I can run an old program with no issue however when trying to run this particular program I get the first line of code cut and when it is time to do the next pierce I get a missfire message in firecontrol. I can retry cut and if i wait for the post flow to finish then hit start again, it will sucessfully cut the next line. And fail at the next pierce. My g code is generated in sheetcam, at one time I had the newest version of sheetcam installed…i did not like it as it was buggy and i had firing issues such as this at times. I deleted and reinstalled the older stable version of sheetcam, I got a licensing prompt today, I have had a license the entire time however evidently between program installs and uninstalls something got lost in the mix. I did check and the firecontrl post does appear to be installed in sheetcam as well. I reinstalled the license and reran the gcode post but still am having isssues.
large gate chain keeper modified for norrow stock sfgjhetryjh.tap (4.0 KB)

There is no pierce delay in that file. Make sure your tool settings have a pierce delay.

2 Likes

I was just looking at that too. here’s one file with Pierce delay and your file without Pierce delay

The G4 command is missing

Should be a G4 P(pierce delay in seconds)

3 Likes

I just did a test by setting the pierce delay to zero in Sheetcam and the resulting file was also missing the G4 delay line.

1 Like

i have pierce delay set to .75 for that program.
I updated sheetcam…it was buggy. I do have a license. I have reapplied the license to the older version and reran the process for generating the gcode for this cut file. I guess i will delete sheetcam completely and reinstall again. and see if it fixes things. thanks for yalls input!!

1 Like

Make sure you always get the stable version (unless you really like being a guinea pig…)

3 Likes

You have amazing tenacity!!!

1 Like

In his case it’s Tinacity!

2 Likes