Hypertherm powermax 45

Yah i have the hand torch and 180 full size torch.

Fine cut consumables work awesome but you will have to travel super fast on thin metal. I think I was traveling 340 ipm on 22ga, but not sure if the machine really was traveling that fast I think I read somewhere top speed of this machine is 250 ipm. I had absolutely no dross

I believe itā€™s 300ipm. Thatā€™s why they suggest using 300 as the fast move speed.

i also would like to see this as my company just bought the powermax 45xp and i am having to do this as well

ok so if my xp 45 doesnā€™t have the cpc port on the back i should be able to splice into the connecting end of the torch line that goes into the box (dont want to open the box and void the warranty) and will i have to still move the pin and zip-tie the trigger is there no way that i can configure this so if i need to do manual cutting that i can just pull it off the table and make a cut and then place it back in the table clamp please help have so much to do and so little time

If your opening up the torch cable at the connector rather than opening the box, you only have to connect the Crossfire wiring across the existing switch wiring. The same as if you had opened the box. Purple and Orange (Hypertherm). By wiring in parallel, either the trigger or the Crossfire would fire the torchā€¦manual or Crossfire. No need to move pins or zip tie the trigger.

The CPC upgrade kit for the Powermax65 can be ordered at any Hypertherm dealer. It comes with instructions and takes about 20 minutes to install. It provides the start signal (machine torch only), an arc transferred signal and 5 different voltage divider output ratios. The arc transferred signal and voltage divider signals are there for all machines except Langmuir and are used for auto height control as well as sensing for arc transfer for more accurate pierce delay times. Jim Colt

Good morning. Iā€™m new to the Langmuir Systems. I recently purchased this system with the water table. I already had the 45xp but it didnā€™t have the Cpc connector, I ordered the cpc upgrade, the pigtail out of the controller and the machine torch.

My question is about the dip switch settings. Do they need to be changed to operate with the machine torch and if so which setting is recommended? It looks like 21-1 is most common but from reading several posts here it doesnā€™t sound like these settings are used by our systems. Looking at the output I should be able to connect the black and green wires to the trigger cable from Langmuir and the torch should fire. Is it that easy? Still putting everything together should be ready this afternoon.

Thanks

The DIP switches for the internal voltage divider output are there to set one of 5 different output voltage ratiosā€¦ā€¦.these outputs are used for automatic height control feedbackā€¦ā€¦.if your system is equipped with an arc voltage based height control. Langmuir systems do not have a height control so the DOP switches need not be changed as they serve no function. Jim Colt

I just received my XP45 with the machine torch, hand torch, pendant, consumable kits for both torches, hand torch leather line cover, and dust cover last week.
I am very happy with the quality!