How to get my Plasma cutter parameters into a downloaded NC file

How to get my Plasma cutter parameters into a downloaded NC file

Hey everyone, I downloaded a NC file from FireShare into my fusion 360 Admin projects. It shows up fine and I can open Langmuir Fire control and load it into to fire control. Ran a test run and all is good. My Problem is the Plasma cutter parameters are not correct for my plasma cutter. So I go back into Fusion 360 to change plasma cutter parameters but cannot not change anything. Tried to figure out how to convert the NC file to a DXF file but cannot figure it out. What do I need to do to be able to change my cut parameters??

Thanks in advance.

Open the NC file via notepad and adjust the parameters needed.

You can post it here and someone can point out the parameters you’d need changed IE cut height, speed, etc.

(v1.6-af)
(X47.5 x Y12.4)
G90 G94
G17
G20
H0

(2D Profile2)
G0 X42.5028 Y2.3326
G92 Z0.
G38.2 Z-5. F100.
G38.4 Z0.5 F20.
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.04 (IHS Springback + Backlash)
G92 Z0.
G0 Z0.15 (Pierce Height)
M3
G4 P0.5
G0 Z0.063 (Cut Height)
H1
G1 X42.5696 F40.
G1 Y2.3614 F40.

No plasma cutter information goes into the code. What parameters do you want to change?

1 Like

A couple of things here…

1. What thickness of material are you planning on cutting? If 16ga or thicker, I would change

G0 Z0.04 (IHS Springback + Backlash) to G0 Z0.00 (IHS Springback + Backlash)

thereby eliminating the springback / backlash settings.

1. Based on the answer to #1 above, the feed rates (listed as F40. on the last two lines) need to be adjusted. If I recall, you’re running a RW45. Several here can recommend tried cut speeds for various material thicknesses.

2. Also dependent on the answer to #1, your pierce delay (G4 P0.5 - a 0.5 sec delay) will need to adjust.

Pierce height and cut height appear to be correct for a RW45.

1 Like

Thanks to all for the replies. I will try these this morning.

Glenn

Guys, I did the changes in the g code in notepad and everything worked great. The only thing i had to go thru is the entire g code file and find my feeds and adjust. did not take to long. part came out nice and clean. Thanks to everyone as always.

Glenn

2 Likes

For future reference, Notepad’s “Find & Replace” is a savior in these situations!

1 Like