How badly are you having to adjust your prices for customer orders?

Truck transport from the retailer to my house US$6.43 or TT$45.00
Sometimes, I don’t even have to pay, just hand the two guys on the truck a cold beer each
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

1 Like

Where did you find it that cheap??

Those are retail hardware store prices here in Trinidad.

Prices for Hot-rolled Steel sheets in Trinidad & Tobago
4’x8’ sheets:

1/2” TT$2025.00 US$290.00

3/8” TT$1745.00 US$249.00

1/4” TT$1225.00 US$175.00

3/16” TT$900.00 US$128.57

1/8” TT$591.00 US$84.42

3/32” TT$495.00 US$71.00

1/16” TT$337.00 US$48.00

Wow, their money isn’t worth much there.

No, I’m In Michigan and that’s pick up.

If you’re referring to my post, that would be SLH in Corunna, MI and it was actually a 5’ x 10’ sheet. I swear I’m losing my mind these days :joy:

1 Like

What material do you use for the decal? Do you know where I can go to learn more about this process? I have tried to look, however I don’t think I am using the right keywords.

It’s Oracal 615 I think. My friend cut it on his vinyl cutter but I set up my cnc router (Shapeoko Pro) with a vinyl cutter this morning so I should be able to do these by myself in the future.

The short short version of how we did it was after the material was prepped we sprayed it with the base yellow, cured to 70%, pulled it and cooled it, applied the decal, sprayed the grey, baked until it started to gel out, pulled the decal (often referred to as ‘weeding’), back in the oven for final cure.

This video was a great resource @Vernon Unknown Coatings - Ep 67 - How to Powder Coat Logos - YouTube

When it comes to communicating a price increase, many otherwise confident managers become reticent and shaky. They see this as an unpleasant task to be gotten over with a minimum of fuss and attention – and detail. Consider this announcement from a major software company:

“[Brand] periodically assesses its pricing to ensure reasonable alignment with the needs of customers, partners, and the marketplace, and may make changes in response to that assessment and feedback. Effective [date], the annual price of [the product] will change from [$X to $Y].”

For years, the company has used the same cookie-cutter explanation to communicate price increases of different products it sells in markets around the world. At best, the brief explanation is baffling. At worst, it will alienate customers. Another problem with the message: using the third person instead of “we,” reinforcing the lack of empathy conveyed by the rest of the announcement.

Update

Did some shopping around locally and found a local spot (like 30 minutes away) that is part of Infra-Metals where I bought 10 4x10 sheets of 16 gauge cold rolled for $200/sheet. Ryerson right this minute was $360/sheet for the exact same metal.