Hi from Michigan!

Hello all,
I am just getting started in a small side business to help with extra $'s, and hopefully do this part time when I retire. I have purchased the Langmuir Pro table and Razor weld plasma cutter. I am using Fusion 360 for Cad and Cam and it is working pretty well, starting to get the hang of drawing the files with this cad software. I have used many different cad software’s for design in my working career so it has made it a little easier but still a steep learning curve to get more efficient.
I get a lot of my files from Etsy especially the more artsy ones (I am not an artist lol), I really don’t like to make wedding signs and that stuff in general but it is helping make some income as I get started.

I am slowly adding items to my shop with the goal of being a full service fabrication shop and the plasma table being the starting point of a project, then having the ability to bend, weld or machine to complete the project.

Looking forward to getting to know all of you and contribute as learn new things.

Dan

3 Likes

Welcome Dan

The group of guys on this forum are 2nd to none, very smart . I have learned a lot by reading posts already made.
Oh and I am in SW Michigan also

1 Like

Welocme to the forum and good luck with the projects!!

Welcome to the forum @danj4164 !

I found that the Fusion 360 youtube tutorials by Product Designs Online are great! He has a beginner series that I highly recommend. Take them all in sequence and don’t skip any as he builds from one to the other.

5 Likes

Hi Dan, look at the projects and you will find a nice Red Wings sign I made for my brother. I’m sure if you know any Red Wings fans might be a market for it.

1 Like

Thanks for the tip… Subscribed.

-TM

Red Wing boots are the only boots I wear.

My feet are the shape of the inside of Red Wing boots.

Model 2416 it is the best boot going.

I used to run 2412’s but I switched from Red Wing red boots to Black.

Man! I thought only us old farts were whimsical! We can’t hold a candle to these… uh, … hmmm, dudes…!

1 Like

Standing on my feet, I definitely have more time in those boots than all my other footwear combined.

And I have another set that I don’t wear for work that I use as dress shoes if I take my wife out.

Best boot going.

I’m pretty sure he made the sign of the hockey team logo, but yes they are good boots! I used to live just up the road from the boot factory in MN back in the 90s when they shut it down to “offshore” production.

2 Likes

I never even thought of the hockey team.
I thought about boots and then I thought about the red wing crockery.

1 Like

You’re such a romantic! :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Thanks I will check that out as many of my coworkers are fans of the wings. i don’t particularly follow it myself would rather watch football if I have spare time.

Thanks Tom, I need to check these out and pick up some tips.

Dan

He’s one of the best, that’s for sure.

Welcome Dan, Where abouts in MI? I am halfway between Grand Rapids and Kalamazoo

I am located north of Grand Rapids near Greenville Mi.

you are not to far away good to see someone close by!