Hi from Algonquin Highlands, Ontario

Anxiously awaiting the arrival of my Crossfire table which was ordered in November. I’ve been free handing plasma for about a year but the whole CAD/CAM thing is completely new to me. I’m sure I’ll be leaning on you all from time to time for advise and for that, I thank you all in advance. After much research on YouTube and Langmuir’s website I’ve got my first project ready to cut so fingers crossed that I did everything right.

welcome to the forum @Pete17 …I live in Ottawa…
I was in your neck of the woods between Christmas and New Yeatrs…up un Burk’s falls…went to see a wood carving guy.

you are not that far from me at all…

I started out 2 years ago like you…hand cutting but zero understanding of CNC…

now I am having the time of my life…if you need help reach out…

as for your set-up…what do you have?
Plasma Machine?
Pro table or Crossfire 2x2?
what software are you designing with?
what software are yu post processing with?
what kind of air system are you running…I ask because dry air is freaking important.

welcome to the fold…

1 Like

Hey Glen, thanks for the welcome. I’m in Ottawa from time to time as well to go to an specialty wood place called KJP Select Hardwoods. I’m really looking forward to getting into the CNC thing. Bit of a learning curve though but I’m getting there, albeit slowly. LOL.

I’m running a Hobart 27i and the table I ordered is the crossfire 2x2 for now.

The air system is a 60 gal single stage with max output of 135psi. I’ve never had a problem with moisture in the lines but just in case I’ve added a MotorGuard M60 at the table end in addition to the existing in line water separator at the tank.

Using Fusion 360 for design and post at this point.

How about you?

when you are in Ottawa drop me a line…we can get together…

did you get the THC or not?..

you will not notice the moisture problem when hand cutting but when you get to controlled CNC cutting…you will…
MotorGuards are great…but if used for moisture control must be changed every month or they can rust out.

that being said get yourself a desiccant beaded moisture system.
You can dry the beads out in the oven.
Put it before your motorguard to see how much moisture you are getting…you might be surprised…

I use AutoCAD and Inkscpae…then sheetcam for post processing.

I am running the Pro with THC…and 60 gallon compressor copper wall cooling coils…refrigerated air dryer…reserve 60 gallon tank…through beaded desiccant to a Motorguard into a Everlast 62i…

Will definitely drop you a line.
You have a pretty sweet setup. Thanks for the tips… I’ll let you know how I make out once I get the table up and running.