Help! I'm computer stupid

I live in Louisville, Ky. I’m will to travel almost anywhere to learn what I’m doing wrong… I’ve downloaded everything as it says on YouTube and followed the directions, but I’m not having any luck… is there anyone within driving distance? I will drive uptown 600 miles.
Please, anyone?
Thanks
Darrell
502-379-7051 or
morgandarrell@hotmail.com

not to worry…

there are a lot of people here to help.

best describe what you have for the following information for people to help

Standard table or the Pro series?

Torch Height Control or not?

Plasma machine you are using?

software you plan to use?

• design software Fusion360, Inkscape, freecad…or one of the other many design software products available

• CAM software…the software that you will use to go from design to TAP files/G-code…Sheetcam…Fusion360?

once people know that they will have a better idea of what help they can offer.

I bought the table and plasma cutter as a kit. Standard not the pro. I have had this for several months now and about to give up. We reinstalled all the software following Langmuir on YouTube at this point it is saying RnR not found. I’m at a stand still and feel very ignorant. They make it seem so easy on YouTube and now feeling ripped off.

1 Like

So standard table 2x2
No torch height
Cut 45 came with table as a kit
Downloaded Mach 3

no…there is no need to feel that way…we will get you sorted out

now if you bought the table from Langmuir in the last few months…you should not be using Mach 3…
you should be using FireControl…if I am not mistaken…available for free from Langmuir…

here is how to check

which control box do you have…?

do you have simple white and burgundy markings on the box around the ports?

1 Like

Yes white and burgundy

Downloaded Fire control not sure what to do next

ok…now you have Firecontrol on your computer…
have you plugged it to the Langmuir control box…then turned them both on?
once the two are connected and turned on…open fireControl…
then try to move the gantries around

1 Like

Awesome, yes that is working!

1 Like

Ok, I know it takes time to learn to write code for creating new things, but to start, how can I pull projects from the shared projects file to cut? I can download them on my computer but when I try to download it to fire control it says “no program speed found. Make sure you are using the latest Langmuir systems approved post processor.”

Also I will happily send you a check for your time. This has been such an ordeal and I’m so grateful for your help.

I love Louisville and your Makers Mark! :tumbler_glass: :rofl:
I’m sure you will be sorted out, here. I have Mach3, so very little use to you at this time.

ok…now you know your table is working…on to the next step.

You do not have to learn to write code…that is not used by most people.

you can not load programs off the web…or even Fireshare without what is call post processing them…that means to take a DXF fir or a SVG file and setting up the file to be a TAP file.

so to start you will need to decide what CAD software you want to use…this is a software to design and play with designs and files to make them the way you want…I would suggest Inkscape…it is free and can be downloaded off the web.

you need a program called CAM software…Langmuir is compatible with Fusion360 and Sheetcam.

I would recommend for you…Sheetcam for post processing…Sheetcam is best purchased through Langmuir…
What sheetcam does is where you take a file you want to cut…and creates the information (g-code) for the plasma to follow.
You will have to set up “tools” in sheetcam that is where yoiu set you torch speed…pierce delay…inside or outside…all the parameters to cut.

I am going to include @brownfox in this conversation as he might be able to offer you paid lessons on how to do all this…

how is that for a start

2 Likes

I charge $50 to teach my workflow and random troubleshooting. If you’re interested email me, brownfoxmaterials@gmail.com

There’s a link to my YouTube channel in my profile.