Help first time user

ok just setup my crossfire pro … have not made the first cut! i have never been so lost… i have downloaded fireshare files but dont know about changing to get paths then changing to a gcode i have watch ever video . I didnt know you had to be a genius to run this machine… did I just waste all this money help!! Anyone who can walk me through the easiest steps … i have watched the learn 360 or dye trying but doesnt really help me paths and gcodes exspecially for a new user…I thought you code get codes download to fireshare and go…didnt know you had to be an architect or go to school for graphics help help help

relax…you have come to the right place for help…we are usually very friendly here…usually…hehehehe

you did not waste money…there is a laerning curve…I was a total noob about a year ago…so before we get started we need to know some information on what you have so we can better help you.

First you ned to make sure you post in the right section…this is the crossfire section…you have a Pro model…there is a better section next time to post in.

so…

• CrossFire Pro…with Torch height Control?
  • Plasma cutter you have with the table?
  • compressor size and do you have any air dryer set up?
  • PC desktop or Laptop connected to the table?
  • Have you downloaded the most recent Firecontrol from Langmuir?

Software…are you using only Fusion360?..because it can do both design and Post processing (gcode conversion)…Fusion can be very confusing for some people…

I use Inkscape…it is a free download and there are easy videos to learn from. problem with Inkscape is you need a Post Processor program to convert to gcode…that would be Sheetcam…basic is free…but you need the full version for bigger files.

As for files from fireshare are not always set up for each machine…some are set for tables with THC…some are set up for machines without THC…so do not rely on the fireshare files for easy use.

what ever program you use you have to open the design then modify and look at your desing…then you have to as the software to post-process the design into the g-code or TAP file.

first provide the information and we wil try to walk you through it…

remember this is not easy…but not to difficult…it takes some time to get used to.

2 Likes

i have fusion and inkscape i have the loaded crossfire pro with everything water table, height control etc , 45 , i have a brand new ingersole 2 stage 8o gallon air compressor brand new 1500, a $2000 laptop. I just got i the table n febuary so lastest firecontrol…

no air dryer setup yet…yes torch height control, water table and the 45 plasma cutter

I can teach you how to get going and explain the workflow. I charge for this, send me an email if you’re interested. Brownfoxmaterials@gmail.com

@shawnk19702002
you can not go wrong with direct help from Brownfox…he knows his stuff…
it will take a lot of stress out of the issues…

you are well set up…just need some guidance

look lol just paid alot for this cant afford pay anyone yet for help but thanks

ok…let us take this at small steps then…

first…I do not know fusion360…but I do know free Inkscape…and Sheetcam…I use Inkscape for all my design and making sure things are the right size…then I use Sheetcam to convert the file to Gcode for Firecontrol to cut.

Since you are tyying to use Fusion have you watched all the videos on this page…
https://www.langmuirsystems.com/software/fusion

then you need to download and follow the instructions to add FireControl Motion Control file and add it to Fusion…
if you switch to Sheetcam you still have to download the motion Control software and install it…

the Motion Control software allow Fusion of Sheetcam to make the proper g-code for the Firecontrol software.

do not attempt to try and cut files from Fireshare yet…it will only frustrate you.

you need to first learn to open a file in Fusion…how to adjust it…then how to have Fusion make the file for Firecontrol…

2 Likes