Help. Cursor/pointer interference and Z axis randomly raises

I’ve got the crossfire with IHS/THC upgrade. Ive noticed that the cursor on the PC has choppy or no motion while the Crossfire control box is powered up. If I shut off the control box the cursor travels across the screen normally. I’m stuck using the mouse pad thats built into the Laptop because Ive only got 2 working usb ports. one for flash drive and the other to the crossfire. Has anyone had this happen and what is the solution. Also, the Z axis will randomly raise while I’m navigating through Firecontrol. I think the two issues are related.

Is your laptop charger plugged in? That is a known cause of ground loop interference on these machines.

The problem persists even when the charger is unplugged.

get some ferrite chokes and install them on the lines…

I have tried the ferrite choke on the USB cable between the CFire and laptop. I’ve tried different sizes and even quadruple and fiple passes through the choke. The problem still exists. Where does the ground loop interference that @ds690 mentioned originate? Perhaps I can install the choke there or maybe an isolator could be placed here.

Check for continuity between the metal shell of the USB port on the control box and the frame of the table. Did you install the plastic isolator between the control box and the table leg?