Hello from the Caribbean

Long wanted a CNC plasma Cutter or Water-Jet. So I’m about to pull the trigger on an XL. I’ve got/built other CNC stuff here in the shop (laser engraver, milling machine, 3D printer, etc.) As said in caption, I’m from the Caribbean, Trinidad & Tobago to be exact. Medical Electronics Support Engineer (semi retired).
Hope to learn, hope to share, right here on the forum!
… Cheers!

Welcome and congrats on the XL,
You are going to love it!

Great! … Just sorting out the finances, to pull the trigger. Have a very trusty Panasonic Toughbook CF-29 that plays well with Mach3 so that will be the control PC. I’m very experienced with AutoCAD, Solidworks and CamBam, no issues at the CAD Stage either.
Will call Langmuir next week to work out the shipping details. Opting for the Razorcut 45 as well. Thanks for the welcome note!!

Welcome!
CamBam can probably produce the G-Code you need, I have it for my CNC Router & Laser cutter, but opted for SheetCam for the plasma cutter as there was a turnkey post processor that works with the CF and lots of support here.

Nice, will certainly look at that. Thanks for the advice!
Langmuir just returned my call and all the shipping logistics worked out. Just two things to figure out now:

1. Freeing-up the funds
  2. Getting it into the shop and setting it up without the wife noticing! :slight_smile:

Wow! Good luck with that!

How easy/expensive is steel? I’ll be moving to St. Thomas in a few and always worry that I’ll be paying $500.00 for a 4x4 sheet of 16 ga or somesuch. :grin:

Going on Monday to get some prices on 4x8 sheet. Will update you on prices of steel here in Trinidad.

Prices for Hot-rolled Steel sheets in Trinidad & Tobago (Bhagwansingh’s Hardware)
4’x8’ sheets:

1/2” TT$2025.00 US$290.00

3/8” TT$1745.00 US$249.00

1/4” TT$1125.00 US$161.00

3/16” TT$900.00 US$128.57

1/8” TT$591.00 US$84.42

3/32” TT$495.00 US$71.00

1/16” TT$337.00 US$48.00

1 Like

Yes, our exchange rate here is US$1.00 = TT$7.00

So, for my crossfire, with a Razorweld 45, I’ll be spending like TT$30,000.00 after shipping and taxes!

Dood! Those prices are better that I am getting in Oklahoma!

3 Likes