Hello from North Carolina

Hey Tommy Samuels, aka TooBusy, here.
I’m running a small fabrication business out of my garage doing everything from simple machining and cutting to one off Lotus 7 clones.

I just purchased a gently used original crossfire machine from a young man a couple of hours away.
Having a great deal of problems getting it up and running.

Where in NC? I’m in Pittsboro.

I am not familiar (yet) with the crossfire but am familiar with cnc equipment (some)

But if I can help i will.

Where are you?

Where you at in North Carolina? Roanoke Rapids here.

Must be @TooBusy to respond…

I replied. Must have gotten lost in the ether.
In Greensboro

Not too far from tom or me.

What kinds of problems?

Gotta watch out for that ether! As @Vonzep says, I’m close enough that I might be able to help if you don’t find someone closer.

Use PM to let us know…

Will do. I’ve gotten a lot of issues sorted going through tutorials and a lot of Google searches.

Excellent. It’s how we all learned! That and this forum.

Vonzep, at first I was having huge issues with torch not firing, or if it did fire program would stop.
Dry run everything worked fine, but the torch would crash the g code.

I rearranged the layout and moved plasma as far from crossfire and my laptop as cables would allow.
It’s doing better now. Next step is fine tuning speeds and power for best cuts.

There are a couple plasma cutter setting charts people have made on the forum. Try a search by your plasma cutter size and there should be basic settings for different materials and tip size.

I would not be a knowledgeable person on the torch not firing.

Is your USB cable from your PC to the Controller a good one (ie, shielded with Ferrite Beads on both ends)? That is key to reducing electrical noise issues.