Hello from Maine

I am from Maine ,Name is Nick Doing the final assembly on a Pro just have to install control box after installing chip forTHC and limit switch kit. Cutter is Everlast 62i,Quincy compressor,Quincy air dryer and motor guard. Lots to learn never used a CNC . This forum has been a huge help in getting me started,been lurking for several months and finally joined the group today .

2 Likes

Welcome. I lived in Kittery, Me for several years. Don’t miss the cold weather though.

1 Like

Where in Maine? I have a place in Belfast.

2 Likes

Winthrop just outside Augusta

2 Likes

It’s 26 here now :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

30 years ago, I was the project manager on a air liquefaction plant we built in Kittery. Its the plant with the giant lobster on the tank on I 95.

Seen the place from the highway many times never had a clue what went on there ,is it a liquid nitrogen plant ?

Yup, thats it. When we put the lobster on the tank the painters only put six legs on it. Needless to say they take lobsters seriously there. Got hate calls for weeks on end, till I got the painters to put two more legs on it.

2 Likes

That is a riot

1 Like

Why didn’t you just call it a crawdad or mud puppy?

1 Like

I think they did… kittery had a no sign policy at the time. They wouldn’t let us put the company name on the tanks. Well, unless we put a lobster on it. So that’s the story :thinking:

Back in the day when I Iobstered we just called them bugs,Should have kept at it they are getting 10 bux a pound now

I miss the pisser clams. Thats what they called them. Steamers I think?
We did another job once at a paper mill in Skowhegan, Me. Definitely don’t miss that place. We drove up the airway Rt 9, I think? To Eastport to say we went a far east as we could go…
The towns were labeled R3C6, R3C7 Definitely wilderness.

Where’s that? We’re buying them for 6.99 a pound!

Central Maine Hardshell today is 10.99

Hello to all ! I am from Maine also [south Portland ] Im new to the cnc world so I’ll be reading and asking quetions on the XR !

1 Like

Welcome. This is a great forum . You’ll enjoy it.

Hi Nick

Mike P from down in Sharon MA… we have a little crossfire table going… not real close to you but would be happy to ans any questions… it’s quite a thing once you get going…if nothing else I can offer you encouragement in an accent you understand!!..seriously, this is a great bunch of guys & gals…terrific support forum

good luck & happy cutting
Mike P

3 Likes

This forum is definitely a great tool and source of information! At this point i haven’t got the table yet and I’m just trying to prepare myself for any issues that others have had and or tips on things that can be improved, and the process of setting up and getting started etc .

1 Like

you can read all you want but the best way is to get in there and try to cut something… if you get in and get one thing to work every day you sill get there before you know it…agn, anything I can do to help you let me know…I’m not an expert (many are on the forum) but we do have a table cutting after a good deal of frustration and a 1 year “Covid” pause…good luck and happy cutting
MikeP

1 Like